Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fall and Winter

Why is it that when fall and winter hit, we seem to accelerate? I find that everything needs to be done yesterday and I am forever trying to catch up. It's really important to try to keep things at an even pace and take care of yourself.

I volunteered for a few things this season that have taken some of my time away from making delicious meals and baked goods. I find that even though I love to give my time to things that I care about, being at home making food and relaxing are probably my favorite things :)

This fall was Slideluck Vancouver. It's a night of food, fun, friends and photography. It started in NY and it has grown to include cities from around the world. I highly recommend you attend if you find one in your city. I had the pleasure of being the Social Media Coordinator this session and for about a month before the event, I was Tweeting, Facebooking and telling everyone about it. The night of the event I helped set up and take the event pictures.



Another thing I have volunteered for this winter was "Pet Pictures with Satna" for the Burnaby SPCA. We raised over $2,100!

This little charmer is named Guillaume
I find when I volunteer I forget about me. I forget about eating properly and getting enough rest. The one thing I tried to do differently this time around was give myself permission for breaks and even walk away from the computer (when I was processing pictures or doing the social media stuff) for a couple hours. There is nothing worse than sitting at your computer for hours at a time in the same position.


Now that all of my fall/winter volunteer jobs are over for this season, I hope to get back to cooking, baking and more relaxing! I'll post some yummy pics soon, I promise :)

I wish you a wonderful Holiday Season with those you love, filled with laughter and a lot of yummy comfort foods :)

My Christmas gift to you....you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment