It's taken me a long time to get back to what I assume is "Normal". I can't even imagine being on antibiotics or another drug for more than that! It has taken me this long, from 1 week of antibiotics. sigh. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I feel like I was doing my best. Some of the things I did were:
- Eating more pickled and fermented foods (pickles, miso, kimchi)
- Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep (I don't have kids, so I have had the luxury of being able to get 8 or 9 hours a night)
- Walking 4 km (or more) a day (roughly 2 miles for you in the US)
- Cut out bad fats and sugars - even though I have been vegan for over 4 years, I was still being dumb with sugar and fats. I was addicted to potato chips and some sugary snacks. I have recently cut all that out.
- Started supplements - Red Reishi mushroom, black seed oil, Chlorella, and Spirulina
Have you been on a drug for a long period of time? What are your ways of getting back on track?