Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chocolate Banana Muffins

This is my own concoction and I found them quite dense. I actually didn't mind too much as it made a pretty good snack in the afternoon and kept me full!



3/4 cup Agave nectar
1/2 cup Earth Balance Butter
Egg replacer for 1 egg (either powdered replacer OR 1 tbsp ground flax to 6 tbsp water)
3 ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 kiwi mixture - optional
1/2 carrot/kale mixture- optional
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 
1 dash cinnamon
1 dash nutmeg

Optional Mixtures - are the pulp from my juicer. If you don't have a juicer and still want to add them, just chop or mush your kiwi with the bananas. For the kale and carrots you can finely chop and grate.

If you don't have a juicer, your ingredients will most definitely be a bit runny. I would add at least a half cup more of flour, but you can eye ball it!

Add all dry ingredients first, mixing well. Add wet ingredients in separate bowl and cream together. Once everything is mixed well fold the wet into dry and portion out into your greased muffin tin.

This makes 12 muffins. I baked for 30 mins at 350 degrees and then checked with a tooth pick and then put it in for roughly 20 mins more. Just keep your eye on them the last 10 mins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment