Sunday, June 3, 2012

Gnocchi

Another example of how I cook...'throw things into the pot and see if it works' !!

I made some rice and some potato gnocchi in the last few weeks. I have to say I like the potato one better. The rice seemed a bit more mushy...or maybe it was my cooking technique!  Anywhohaw, they still were good with what I put on them!

Attempt #1



My first attempt was pretty simple.

1 package of Rice Gnocchi
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1/2 cup chopped Sun dried tomato
1/2 cup chopped Spinach
1 clove minced Garlic
Pinch of chopped fresh Rosemary
Small bushel of chopped fresh Basil
Dab of Miso paste

In a small bowl add the olive oil (enough to cover all the gnocchi - maybe a tablespoon and a bit), sun dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, rosemary, basil and a dash of miso paste and mix together.

Bring salted water to a boil and then add your gnocchi. After all the pieces have floated to the top, remove from heat, drain water and rinse. Add the gnocchi straight to the sauce and mixed all together.

It tasted pretty fresh with the herbs, since they were fresh from my (mini) garden!

Attempt #2

My second attempt was a bit more intense and obviously for comfort. It was a rainy week and it definitely felt like winter even though it is almost summer :)


As you can see it is a bit more, um, cheesy!

1 Package of Potato Gnocchi
3/4 cup shredded daiya
1/2 cup tofutti sour cream
1/2 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar
1/2 cup chopped spinach
bushel of chopped basil
1/2 can artichoke hearts
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt daiya cheese in with the sour cream and almond milk on a low/med heat. I added the olive oil, vinegar and some salt and pepper when it started to melt together.

Once everything looks like a nice cheese sauce, add the chopped basil, spinach and artichokes.

Bring salted water to a boil and then add your gnocchi. After all the pieces have floated to the top, remove from heat, drain water and rinse. I added the gnocchi straight to the sauce and mixed all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment