Saturday, October 27, 2012

Banana Bread

 I have a recipe for Banana muffins already, but this one is slightly different, but equally yummy!

3/4 cup Agave Nectar
1/2 cup Earth Balance
1 tbsp Egg replacer (or 1 tbsp ground flax and 3 tbsp water)
3 Ripe bananas
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (or whatever you usually bake with)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 cup Small Dark Chocolate Chips - (I use 'Enjoy Life Mini Chips)

Mush your bananas, then add all the wet ingredients and mix. In a separate bowl I added the dry ingredients, including the nuts and chocolate chips. Mix both bowls together and pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees (Celsius) for 50 - 60 minutes. (Keep checking on it so the top doesn't burn)

Like always I switched my recipe up a bit and added a bit of Kale to it. It was the left over pulp from my juice that morning. I believe it was about 1/2 a cup or less. You totally don't have to add this of course, but it makes me feel like I'm being a bit more healthy when I'm stuffing my face full of it :)



These Chocolate chips are great!! Ingredients are brown sugar, cocoa and cocoa butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment