Sunday, January 20, 2013

Get the "F" better soup

Cold and flu season...yuk! I have always thought I had a pretty good immune system, but this latest cold took hold quite fast. I was breathing normally one minute and struggling with a stuffed nose the next. I still have the last little bits of it, but I think because of what I did, this one has only lasted a short while.

I consumed a lot of ginger, lemon and hot water, I got a lot of sleep, I had Oil of Oregano every morning with my fresh juice, I used my neti pot and I did some oil pulling.

All that and this soup! Man, this soup was delicious if I do say so myself ;)

Get the "F" better soup



3/4 cup cooked Black Beans
1 chopped Carrot
1/2 cup chopped Red Pepper
1 full sprig (sprig?) Green Onion
5 large White Mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp Red Chillies
2 (or more!!) Cloves of Garlic
1 big chunk of Ginger, chopped
1 TBSP Miso paste
1 Veggie Stock cube
1 Handful of Rice Noodles (sometimes called Rice Stick)
1 TBSP Olive Oil
Dash of Salt and Pepper
5 Pieces of already cooked Seiten

I chopped everything and added it to 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. While this was happening I fried up the seiten.

I cooked the soup roughly for 20 mins and once I had some in a bowl, I added the seiten. You can skip the seiten if you want. 

The first night I had it I couldn't really taste it. The next day I brought it to work and it was so LOVELY! It was quite spicy because of the chillies, so you can add more or less. Whatever your tastes prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment