Thursday, July 4, 2013

Time off - what now?

In my adult day job I am a coordinator for the animation industry.. i know, it doesn't sound too adult, but I assure you it isn't all fun and games. (just half the time!)

Those of you who don't know about the animation industry (or entertainment for that matter) we are usually hired on a contract by contract basis that can go from a few weeks to a couple of years. My last contract was for exactly a year and I now find myself with some time off. A LOT of time. I was a bit nervous at first.. what the heck am I going to do with all this time AND with what money? But, I have decided to embrace it and take what the universe is giving me.

Have you ever just gone with the flow? I'm going to just take this summer in stride and see what comes up for me. Now, I'm still going to be adult about a lot of things like paying rent, bills etc., but I've decided to just say 'yes' maybe a bit more often. I find I say no sometimes and think too far ahead; I put limitations on myself. This will kind of be like my summer school.

I definitely want to get in touch with myself again. I find that when I'm busy with work, I put health and balance away until I have time...and when I keep doing that..well, I never get around to taking care of myself. I recently noticed that I have been clenching my jaw and have to constantly remind myself "shoulders down, unclench jaw"! (my yoga instructor would be proud)

(this is me at Breitenbush last year - look how relaxed I am! This is my goal for the WHOLE summer :)

I have started a list of things that I want accomplish and then I will leave the rest up to chance. One of those things is to take more pictures (and work on past projects that have been on the back burner). I have decided to try to do a photo of the day and then a single bigger project per week. I will most likely not post them here, but if you want to spy on what I am doing (or not doing - ahem!), you can look on my photography blog.

Another thing I've started is exercising. I know, scary right? Me.. haha! I go to yoga once a week with my buds, but I find as I am getting older my vegan eating isn't doing everything for me as much as it used to. Now I have to start moving - what a concept, huh? I have started Jillian Michaels "30 day shred". I'm still on level 1 (10 days per level), but am 2 days away from movin' on up to level 2 and I can tell that I have more stamina that before.. it's amazing!

What are your plans for the summer? Do you have any specific goals you want to accomplish? Do you feel like changing anything up in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment