Monday, January 27, 2014

Raw adventure!

A few posts ago, I mentioned that I was going to try a raw diet. I spoke to a few friends who are fully raw and I have decided to test the waters very slowly. Since it's still technically winter (we've been having some pretty nice weather here in Vancouver!) I want to be able to still enjoy my hot/warm comfort foods.

Some people like to dive head first into new things, but I'm a slow cautious person. I slowly eased into being vegan and I can't imagine not doing the same for going raw.

One of my online inspirations has been Mimi Kirk. She has been raw for quite some time and looks great! I recently bought her book "Live Raw" and read every word in one evening. She's quite amazing :)


She has had quite a few adventures; I encourage you to read up on her. She was also born in 1938.. doesn't she look amazing?

Another book that I have been referencing is "Raw - the uncook book" by Juliano.

I've actually have had this book for over 5 years and have barely cracked the spine, but the last few weeks I've been referencing it non stop!

So my baby toe is in the water.. I've started with upping my juicing. I usually only juice once a day, but I've upped it to two. My usual green juice (apple, cucumber, ginger, leafy green and parsley) in the morning, now juiced and then blended with 2 bananas and then a V8 type juice (leafy green, parsley, celery, carrot, green onion, red pepper, tomato, cucumber) for the afternoon.

I have always tried to eat raw snacks, but my dinners tend to be the easy convenient vegan route for dinner, which in one word means - processed! - ack! So I'm going to try to tame that lion...by adding more veggies! yay!

Wish me raw luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment