Sunday, April 15, 2012

Food, Inc.

I watched Food Inc. this week. I typically avoid documentaries that have to deal with slaughterhouses or mass farming because it makes me SO upset. I cried about 3 times during this doc.


This film was good, but I had to cover my eyes a couple of times when they showed the animals being hurt. I can't believe that we as a society have a view that animals are just here to provide a meal. How egotistical... It makes me sick.

I am the last person that needs to be 'woken' up about what is going on, but I think it is a GREAT idea to be educated. I find that with a lot of my friends I am the only one they know who is vegan and they tend to ask me questions, so it is never a bad thing to have the knowledge. Although, I do find more and more people I have a conversation with have opened their eyes a bit to the problem, which I'm sure, has a lot to do with documentaries that are finally being made to expose what is really going on.

Anyhoo, I highly recommend watching this doc. Even if you continue to eat meat, you really need to know where your food comes from and how it got to your plate. (Oh, and for those of you who think you are lessening the problem by just eating chicken...please watch this film!! :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment