Saturday, June 1, 2013

My garden

I wouldn't say I have a green thumb. I've killed most of the plants I have owned with exception of the African Violet that sits in my windowsill. So when I heard that the lady that lived in the suite above me was moving out and I was the caretaker of the house garden, I was a little anxious.

She had planted some things for me last year and although I had nothing to do with it, none of my seeds sprouted and hers flourished. Apparently I don't even have to be near something for it to not sprout!

I started planting in mid April and am only now seeing some stuff come up. I planted beets, radishes, kale, carrots, cucumber, Asian greens, spinach and lettuce. There are a few sprouts here and there, but you should see my RADISHES! Who ever thought I would be so excited about a radish? They are adorable...ADORABLE!  :)


When more things come up I'll take more pictures. I'm a little embarrassed about the lack of greenery right now, but just look up at the picture again. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment