Sunday, June 1, 2014

Morning Ginger Drink

I found this morning drink a few weeks ago and it is a variation of something I already do. I have a weird nasal thing going on this year (started after my dental surgery) and this seems to help quite a bit. I actually can breathe through my nose when I get up in the morning! That is BIG!

This was found on Young and Raw

1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp ginger juice
1 tbsp grade b maple syrup or Agave (optional)
*Pinch of cinnamon
Half cup of hot water
Add a tiny bit of room temp water to cool it down

 * I have been using Turmeric in place of cinnamon to help with inflammation

Juice your ginger by running it through a slow or cold press juicer. If you don’t have a juicer that will properly juice ginger or small roots, then you can slice a large knuckle of ginger and boil it on the stove with 1 cup water. Boil it down until the water is mostly ginger, and then store it in a jar in the fridge.


Prepare and drink BEFORE you have your green juice or other breakfast.

This Elixir May Lend Various Health Benefits:

Gallstones/kidney stones – may help flush them out
Clear skin
Cleanse blood
Balance blood sugar
Decongest liver
Warming
Helps stimulate the digestive system
Cleanses the colon
And with me, helps with nasal congestion!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment