Monday, April 4, 2011

The L Word

Ok, I'm a little slow on the uptake, but at least I'm here! Thanks to NetFlix I am able to watch some shows that I don't get on cable and the best part about it is I can watch 5 episodes in a row now without commercials. Ok....is that good or bad? Maybe it's bad cause I should be outside living my life instead of vicariously living through characters on the screen, but hey.

The L word is the only thing that saved me from my migraine this weekend...well that and meeting my friends baby. (I'll tell you more about him when I'm not telling you about lesbian life ;) I can't tell you how in love I am with the L word. I am so obsessed with this show it's crazy. I just finished season 3 last night and (spoiler alert) my favorite character died...DIED! ugh. I cried like a baby...crazy.

If you don't know what the L word is about here is a blurb from wiki:

The L Word was an American co-production television drama series originally shown on Showtime portraying the lives of a group of lesbian, bisexual and transgender people and their friends, family and lovers in the trendy Greater Los Angeles, California city of West Hollywood. The show ran from 2004 to 2009.




Most of the show was filmed here in Vancouver, with exceptions of when they were talking about specific locations in LA. It's funny cause the planet (the restaurant/club that Kit Porter owns) where the girls hang out is just down the street from my office. I love watching it to see where else they filmed in the city.

I originally was interested in watching an episode or two to just see what all the hubbub was about and quickly got hooked on the story and all the characters. If you can handle steamy same sex love scenes, I promise you, you will love this show too! Although I am not a lesbian myself, it has actually made me appreciate women more and I find myself taking better pictures of them... especially when I take them for Dr. Sketchy's. If something makes me better at my job it can't be all that bad!

If you get the chance I highly recommend you watch this series!

EDIT - Actually....thinking more about it... if you are uncomfortable with watching steamy same sex love scenes you really need to watch this show! And get out of the closet already ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment