Wednesday, July 20, 2011

moonstone

Yoga was great last night. I warned my friend that I had some pent up energy weighing on me and that I might cry if any of the moves released it. She assured me that it would be ok if that happened, but she might have to pretend that she didn't know me.

While waiting for one class to end and ours to begin I was looking at all the products that they sell. Not only is it a yoga studio, but it also sells clothing, mats, books, teas, some snacks and jewelry and stones. One pendant in particular grabbed my attention. I couldn't stop looking at it. So naturally I bought it - ha! I swapped my pendant that I normally wear with this one and as soon as it hit my skin I felt a huge weight and then a weird tingly pull. Almost like it was trying to do something to the area that I felt blocked. (that area being my heart chakra - go figure) I made a few faces and my friend was laughing at me. I felt energized.

The class started and I made it through until the end when we did our meditation. One single tear rolled dwon my cheek. That's it? hmmmm. I guess I need to work a bit harder...although I think the teacher was being easy on us.

This morning I looked up the meaning of the stone and this is what it had to say:
* Brings good fortune
* Assists in foretelling the future
* Enhances intuition
* Promotes inspiration
* Brings success in love as well as business matters
* Offers protection on land and at sea

It has been worn as an amulet to bring good emotions to the wearer, while protecting those of a sensitive nature. It can reunite lovers who have quarreled. Moonstone is also considered a good luck stone.

Moonstone is a very personal stone. It is a reflection of the person who owns it. It does not add or detract, only shows how it is. This is why the moonstone is said to perceive that which "is". Moonstone is an excellent stone to use in meditation to understand oneself.

Moonstone is used by healers to stimulate the functioning of the pineal gland and balance internal hormone cycles with nature's rhythms. Moonstone is a stone of inner growth and strength. Though often considered to be a woman's stone, it can be beneficial to men in opening the emotional self.


So there you have it.. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment