Monday, July 23, 2012

Nutella

In honour of our fabulous Vancouver summer (a nonexistent one) I decided to post about something that will offer some comfort and maybe a smidgen of guilt.

I still watch what I eat in the winter, but it seems to lean toward comfort food and I feel I'm in a bit of a need today with this gloomy weather.

Homemade Vegan Nutella


1 1/2 cups Hazelnuts
1 tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Cocoa
3/4 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Soy or Almond Milk

Grind hazelnuts until fine and powdery. Process for another minute or two. If your processor is strong enough, the hazelnuts will eventually turn creamy and smooth.

Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy again.

I put my nutella into an old jam jar, seal it tight and try not to go to the fridge every 10 minutes to steal a spoonful. Arg...soooo good.


No comments:

Post a Comment