Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cashew Cheese Spread

This is actually easier than I thought it would be!

Cashew Cheese Spread

1.5 Cups soaked Cashews (I soaked them for 4 hours, you can get away with less)
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Salt of your choice
1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
1 Cup Water
I have also thrown in some herbs before, but you can go plain if you wish.

Blend everything until smooth and pour into a Nut Bag that is in a glass container. Loosely tie a knot at the top and place the lid on and put in fridge for 4 hours. Pour extra liquid (that seeps out) down the drain and remove the remaining cheese from the nut bag back into the glass container. Keeps for about 4 to 5 days.

There are so many recipes on the internet for this kind of spread, but I will credit Mimi Kirk for this adapted version. I was reading her book "Live Raw" and had to try it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment